Friday, September 24, 2010

"Make it plain upon tables..."

Here goes my attempt to write out Psalm 119 from memory. I agree, with God's help, to type from memory and not go back and "cheat" (i.e. go in and correct errors after I have posted). Why? To the glory of God, of course:

ALEPH

Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.
2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies; and that seek him with the whole heart.
3 They also do no iniquity, they walk in his ways.
4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently.
5 Oh that my ways were directed to keep that statutes!
6 Then shall I not be ashamed when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgements.
8 I will keep thy statutes - Oh, forsake me not utterly.

New rules! I just realized that, though I intend to add one eight-verse section at a time, if I do it in separate  posts, then it will be backwards, with "Tau" (verses "59-5g" in "duotrigesimal" - or "Base Thirty-Two", or 169-176 in "decimal", or "base ten") last, and "Aleph" (i.e. verses 1-8) first - and that would simply not do. Therefore, I will "add" one eight verse section at a time - but I will still not go back and edit an eight verse section once I had added it and posted it. So now I am on "Beth", or verses 9-"g":

BETH
9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word.
a With my whole heart have I sought thee - Oh, let me not wander from thy commandments!
b Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
c Blessed art thou, O LORD - teach me thy statutes.
d With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
e I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
f I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
g I will delight myself in thy statutes - I will not forget thy word.

...Alright, now it's time for...: "Gimel" - or verses "h=1¯f" to "r=1¯8" (i.e. 17-24 in decimal, or base ten):

GIMEL
h=1¯f Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live and keep thy word.
j=1¯e Open thou mine eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
k=1¯d I am a stranger in the earth - hide not thy commandments from me.
m=1¯c My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times.
n=1¯b Thou hast rebuked the proud that are cursed, which do err from thy commandments.
p=1¯a Remove from me reproach and contempt, for I have kept thy testimonies.
q=1¯9 Princes also did sit and speak against me, but thy servant did meditate in thy statutes.
r=1¯8 Thy testimonies also are my delight - and my counselors.

...and..."Daleth" - or decimal 25-32:

DALETH
s=1¯7 My soul cleaveth unto the dust: Quicken thou me according to thy word.
t=1¯6 I have declared my ways and thou heardest me - teach me thy statutes.
v=1¯5 Make me to understand the way of thy precepts - so shall I talk of thy wondrous works.
w=1¯4 My soul melteth for heaviness - strengthen thou me according unto thy word.
x=1¯3 Remove from me the way of lying, and grant me thy law, graciously.
y=1¯2 I have chosen the way of truth - thy judgments have I laid before me.
z=1¯1 I have stuck unto thy testimonies; O LORD, put me not to shame.
10 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.

That concludes the portion of Psalm 119 for this evening. If I am able, I will get on a computer tomorrow, and continue with "HE", and etc...

No comments:

Flowers

Flowers
From Korea

Followers

About Me

My photo
A young man who is taking one day at a time and seeking, by God's grace, to do his job: Do justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with his God (Micah 6:8)